Ottimo Property Services is committed to reducing the adverse impacts created by its Operational activities on the Environment, and those of our Service Partners, Clients and Employees through education, raising awareness and encouraging active participation in local and global initiatives. We are also committed to achieving a sustainable business with minimal negative effects and adopt a continuous improvement approach to our activities.
As a responsible organisation we are committed to:
- Complying with relevant Environmental Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Standards and Industry best practice.
- Reducing our CO2 generation by using energy reducing technology.
- Reducing our consumption of natural resources and raw materials whenever possible.
- Preventing or reducing or harmful emissions to Land, Water and Air
- Reducing waste generation as result of our activities and where possible recycle or reuse waste produced.
- Responsible management of water usage and prevention of unnecessary waste.
- Forming partnerships with other like minded organisations and encourage existing suppliers to adopt good environmental management practice.
- Raising staff awareness to environmental issues through education.
- Promoting a responsible attitude to the environment through advice we provide to our clients.
- Using energy supplied from renewable sources where viable
- Selection of most environmentally sound options when procuring products and services e.g.the use of dual fuel vehicles in preference to petrol only
- Prioritising targets and setting Environmental KPI’s that will support the current and future continuous improvement strategies.
All Employees must recognize that they have an important part to play in the success of this policy and through positive action reduce adverse environmental impacts, to this end all
Employees are encouraged to:
- Comply with all relevant Company environmental procedures and guidelines.
- Reduce waste and whenever possible re-cycle paper, cardboard etc.
- Switch off non-essential electrical equipment.
- Co-operate with the Management team in the implementation of environmental initiatives.
Consider environmentally responsible options and how adverse environmental impacts can be minimized within the scope of their activities.
This policy will be reviewed on a yearly basis as a minimum and updated regularly.